Purpose: Provide your voice and interest in a rich musical experience to the Holiday Choir, and/or the community pick up choir.
- Be a musician of any level with a love for singing and making music in a group
- Be able to attend most rehearsals (students and youth get an honorarium for perfect attendance).
- Be open to musical growth and open to feedback and coaching from the Section Leader and Artistic Director
- Joyfully represent the Choir and WCCMA in the community
- Support the vision and leadership of the artistic director and section leaders
- Contribute to a welcoming and positive rehearsal atmosphere
- Attend rehearsals and performances, be prepared and interested in learning and music making
- Strive for personal artistic growth from wherever you currently are in your musical journey
The West Claremont Center for Music and the Art’s Holiday Choir program began in 2017 as a pick-up and low-rehearsal choir to invite community singing in the Claremont, southern Upper Valley NH/VT region. Repertoire consists of secular and sacred music of the season, and is lead by WCCMA’s Executive and Artistic Director Melissa Richmond. This year we would like to transition to a student and community program with 4 professional section leaders so that music students and community singers may learn from professional singers in their voice types, providing a richly rewarding musical and educational experience. Members of the choir will be auditioned with the expectation that anyone interested in musical growth and enrichment will be welcomed. This program may expand and will be significantly shaped based with the input of this seasons participants.
Dates for the 2019 Season includes:
- November 29th, 5:45pm, Community Caroling with pick up choir at Park Lighting, in collaboration with Claremont Parks and Recreation
- Thursday December 19th, 6:30pm Sing a Joyful Christmas Sing Along event, in collaboration with New England Classical Academy
- December 24th, 7pm Christmas Eve Community Service, in collaboration with Union Church
- Sunday, December 29th, 10am Service of Lessons and Carols in collaboration with Union Church
All currently planned performances to be held in Claremont, NH.
Rehearsals: 5-7 in November/December, day of the week TBD
Honorarium: Music students and youth will be offered an honorarium of a minimum of $50 for participation in all performances and rehearsals
Please email Melissa@wcc-ma.org with your name, voice type (if known), your musical background, and what you most look forward to in joining the choir. Sign up by November 8th to ensure the possibility of the attendance honorarium.