Celebrating Claremont’s 250th year!
This is the temporary home of news for the 250th Committee Events, at the end of September 2013 we plan to move this page over the the brand new Greater Claremont Chamber of Commerce website. More info? Claremont250@gmail.com. All info on this website is subject to change. The Claremont 250th Committee is a city committee, and this website is meant serve as a place to find the general information the committee is considering at this time.
Kick off of Claremont 250th set for Oct 26, 2013 at 4pm. Provided in collaboration with the West Claremont Center for Music and the Arts and held at Union Church (133 Old Church Rd), and their performance by Marika Hughes and Bottom Heavy. For more info on that even click HERE.
Questions? Claremont250@gmail.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
Here are some of the events we are hoping to present:
- Civil War Memorial Illumination Project (Ceremony on October 19th, 2014) – Donation information: make checks out to “Broad St Park War Memorial Fund” and drop off at the Finance Office (City Hall) or to Charlene Lovett.
- Fireworks on Jan 1st, Coordinator Bill Binder
- Formal Ball (March 2014) – theme 1914/1924/1934, live music representing the time period, food, and more. Coordinators Melissa Richmond and Bill Carpenter, with Pat Parks and Robert Woods.
- “Fashion Through History” show - From the early settlers through present day. Coordinators Melissa Richmond and Deb Booth.
- Civil War Cemetary Walk (possibly July 2014) - May include reenactors. Coordinator Charlene Lovett
- Orchestra Performance by the Windham Orchestra (November 2014), with a newly commissioned work in honor of Claremont’s 250th
- Artwalk and Sculpture Commission - Coordinator Melissa Richmond
- Cultural Music and Food Festival - a festival celebrating the diverse cultures that have shaped Claremont. The festival will present music, food, and more.
- Culinary Cultures: themed dishes throughout the city – Coordinators Bill Carpenter and Melissa Richmond
- “Old Iron Day” Festival with antique and show cars, motorcycles, music, food, activities, and much more. Coordinator David Lucier.
- Birthday Party and Jazz Orchestra Performance
- Historical Houses and Landmarks tours – Coordinator Deb Booth
- With more ideas developing all the time!
We already have buttons ($2.50) and magnets ($1.00) for sale at the Greater Claremont Chamber of Commerce and Claremont Spice and Dry Goods. We are taking T-shirt pre-orders, and are planning to have more merchandise as fundraising progresses.
Upcoming 250th items we’d like to sell:
- Historical Claremont Calendar -Denise Liveston
- Claremont 250 license plates - Melissa Richmond and Bill Binder